How Does Solar Energy Work?
A solar power system, also photo-voltaic system or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photo-voltaic. It consists of an arrangement of several components, including solar panels to absorb and convert sunlight into electricity, a solar inverter to change the electric current from DC to AC, as well as mounting, cabling, and other electrical accessories to set up a working system.
Solar panel systems are a great way for you to save money, no matter what your budget is. If you can afford to pay your utility bill every month, you can afford to install a solar panels system. With a $0-down solar loan from EHS, you can finance your system and see immediate savings.
Installing a solar panel system is a great investment. Investing in a solar panel system can deliver better returns than stock, now is the right time to make that investment. While solar photo-voltaic technology is improving incrementally each year, financial incentives and rebates will decrease as solar becomes more popular.
- Solar photo-voltaic systems have been around for a long time. Solar photo-voltaic systems are a well-proven technology first invented in 1954 by scientists at Bell Labs. Today, solar panels are installed on over one million homes in the U.S. At EHS, our solar panels are manufactured right here in Jacksonville, Florida.
-Solar panel systems are highly durable. Solar photo-voltaic panels are made of tempered glass and can withstand hail, snow, rain, and high winds. They can even extend the life of your roof by protecting it from daily wear and tear.
- Solar power systems can produce electricity for 25 or more years. When you purchase your system through Efficient Home Services, your solar panels are covered by a substantial 25-year warranty.
- Solar power systems are practically maintenance-free. We specifically chose our solar panels because they are incredibly durable, an important factor in Florida due to hurricanes. Other than extreme circumstances, they really don’t need to be washed or cleaned.
- Solar Power is a perfect fit for the “Sunshine State” Most locations in the Florida get enough sunlight to produce sufficient electricity from solar panels. The most important factors to consider when you evaluate your solar panel options are the rates you pay for electricity and the rebates and incentives available to you.
- Solar energy systems are tied to the electric grid and do not require batteries to store power. When you install a solar energy system on your property with EHS, you remain connected to the electricity grid. When your system produces more electricity than you use, you receive credit for the electricity you send to the grid; if you need more electricity than your solar energy system is producing, you can draw it from the grid.
- Solar power systems can eliminate most of your electricity bill. When you go solar with Efficient Home Services, we will design your system so that it is tailored to generate enough electricity to meet your needs. As long as you have enough roof space to install the right size solar panel system, the power that your panels will produce will effectively eliminate the entirety or majority of your electricity bill.
- Solar photo-voltaic panels can be installed on the roof of your home or even on the ground in some cases Solar panels can be installed practically anywhere that receives direct sunshine for most of the day and is not shaded by trees or buildings. Panels that face south will produce the most electricity, but your panels can also face east or west.